- 1 # chanterelles, cut in bite size
- 2 tbsp butter
- 20 large prawns, shelled, deveined, and split in half lengthwise
- 1/2 c flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 to 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 c chopped green onions
- 1/2 c Dubonnet
- 1/2 c dry white wine
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1/2 c chicken broth
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Alternate mushrooms: Hedgehog Mushroom, Milky Caps
In a sauté pan or skillte, sauté the chanterelles in the butter until only a small amount of liquid remains. Set aside.
Dust the prawns with a mixture of flour, salt, and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan or skillet and sauté the prawns until pink and opaque. Drain on paper towels.
Put the green onions, Dubonnet, wine, lemon juice, cream, and broth in a saucepan and heat slowly for 5 to 7 minutes. Do not let the mixture boil. Remove from the heat and combine with the chanterelles and prawns. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
–Tom Wishing and Kathleen Cecil