4 boneless chicken breasts
1 white onion, quartered
5 cloves of garlic, smashed
1 tbsp. salt
2 lbs. of tomatillos, halved
5 jalapeños, halved and seeded
1 bunch of cilantro, stems trimmed
1 pint of heavy cream
24 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tbsp. olive oil
1. Place chicken, onion, garlic and salt in stockpot. Cover with water, and boil for 20 minutes.
2. Remove chicken, and set aside to cool.
3. Add tomatillos to broth, and boil for five minutes.
4. Add jalapeños to broth, and boil for five more minutes.
5. Strain vegetables from stock, reserving two cups of the broth.
6. Using a blender, combine cooked vegetables (onion, garlic, tomatillos, and jalapeños) with fresh cilantro. Squeeze in juice of one lime.
Heat oil in stockpot.
7. Pour in blended vegetable mixture, adding salt to taste.
8. Simmer for three to five minutes.
9. Add 8 oz. of cream and 8 oz. of reserved stock, and simmer for three minutes.
10. Add cheese, stirring gently.
11. Shred cooled chicken and add to mixture.
12. Let simmer for about 10 minutes adding additional cream and/or stock to thin to your preferred consistency. Salt and pepper to taste.