- 1 cup soft butter
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- granulated sugar
- Creamy Filling (see recipe below)
- ¼ cup soft butter or margarine
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Tint with few drops food color.
- (Add a few drops water if necessary for proper spreading consistency.)
Mix thoroughly butter, cream and flour. Cover and chill.
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Roll about 1/3 of dough at a time 1/8 inch thick on floured cloth-covered board. Cut into 1 1/2 – inch circles. Keep remaining dough refrigerated until ready to roll.
Transfer rounds with spatula to piece of waxed paper that is heavily covered with granulated sugar; turn each round so that both sides are coated with sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Prick rounds with fork about 4 times. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or just until set but not brown; cool. Put cookies together in pairs with Creamy Filling.
* Do not use self-rising flour in this recipe.
Cream together until fluffy.