- 2x 15 oz cans Italian tomatoes (chopped)
- 12 oz can Italian tomato paste
- 1-1/4 lb Italian Turkey Sausage
- 1-1/4 lb ground Buffalo
- 1 t salt
- Dash pepper
- ¼ t garlic powder
- ¼ t oregano
- ¼ – ½ cups dairy-free parmesan cheese
- ¼ – ½ cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 - 12 oz package firm tofu, crumbled
- ½ C “dairy-free” parmesan cheese
- ½ t salt
- 1 T parsley
- Pepper to taste
for the sauce:
Brown turkey sausage and buffalo in small amount of oil. Add tomatoes & paste; Simmer about 2 hours.
for the filling:
Mix well should be creamy. If it is dry add another egg.
Cook one package of gluten-free lasagna noodles according to directions. You will also need 12 oz of dairy-free mozzarella.
After placing about a cup of sauce in the bottom of a deep oblong dish, alternately layer the sauce, filling, noodles and mozzarella as follows: Noodles, ½ filling mixture, 6 oz dairy-free mozzarella, Noodles, ½ Sauce, Noodles, ½ filling mixture, 6 oz dairy-free mozzarella, Noodles, ½ Sauce
Sprinkle top with dairy-free parmesan
Bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.