- 2 cups frozen organic edamame (green soybeans)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup water
- 1.5 teaspoons butter
- 1 cube low-sodium, organic vegetable bouillon
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the edamame and boil for 4 minutes. Add the corn to the boiling water, and boil for 2 minutes longer. Drain and set aside.
2. Add the water, butter, and bouillon cube to the hot saucepan. Stir to dissolve the bouillon. Add the red pepper and onion to the saucepan and cook until the onion is fragrant and translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the edamame and corn to the saucepan and toss to combine well.
3. Remove from the heat, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the chopped basil.