- 6 local egg yolks, beaten
- 6 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons local honey
- 2 tablespoons organic cornstarch
- 1 tablspoon organic lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or organic unsalted butter
- 2-4 tablespoons canned coconut milk or other milk of choice
In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks together and set aside. In a medium saucepan stir together water, honey, cornstarch, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, just a minute or two. Stir half of the lemon mixture into the egg yolks to temper the yolks. Return egg and lemon mixture to the saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture comes to a gentle boil. Lower heat and stir for 2 more minutes.
Remove from heat. Add in coconut oil or butter and stir until melted and fully incorporated. Pour into a glass bowl and place into the fridge to cool. When curd has cooled whisk in a small amount of milk until desired consistency has been reached.
Serve topped with Strawberry-Raspberry Chia Compote.